This week was reading week so we had no class. It was over this week that I go in touch with Tabeisa. I also changed clients. I contacted Jeanette from Tabeisa via email, and after she asked me to change companies, I updated my designs considerably and sent them to her. However, the woman who deals with the businesses in South Africa was off sick, so it was a few days before I received any feedback. I was very surprised at the positive feedback I received, as I was critical of my work. My client most liked my second design, so I’ve worked on it quite a lot since reading week.
I was sent the logo for Ingwe Security and decided to trace it using layers in Flash. It took me a while, and bear in mind it won’t usually be that big. You can get it here, along with the original JPG:
I also made a gallery for the website, currently with only 4 images, using techniques we would go on to use in the week 7 class, using motion tweens and 10 frames. I also added text for a brief description of each image, for example ‘company logo’ etc, to explain what is in each image. I searched on Google for security guard images, only the company logo is relevant to Ingwe but that can be easily updated. The gallery would probably be imported into the ‘about us’ section on the website. I also added buttons to navigate left and right, although I haven’t yet worked out how to do a fade backwards, so at present only the right hand buttons work. I also updated the fades and response times which were a bit slow before. I was told the guy at the company is working nights offsite so it may be a while before I have any relevant images, so I’ll keep them ones for now. You can see the gallery here:
There is still a long way to go before the website is up to standards, but I feel I am making reasonable progress.
- Jenny McCloskey (Word count: 366 words.)